M&B Pagine Elettroniche
a cura della redazione di MeB Pagine Elettroniche
Un “bottone” pericoloso: ulcere esofagee da ingestione di batteria
An 8-year-old previously healthy girl presented to the paediatric Emergency Unit with sudden onset of heartburn and upper abdominal pain following the ingestion of a button battery (BB). A chest and abdomen radiograph was rapidly obtained. It showed a round radiopaque 22-mm foreign body in the oesophagus. Just before an emergent endoscopic removal was performed, the girl vomited the battery. She was admitted to the inpatient medical floor, where she was ordered to take nothing by mouth. One day after admission, the esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) revealed deep oesophageal ulcers but no evidence of oesophageal perforation/leak. In line with ESPGHAN/NASPGHAN guidelines for oesophageal BB ingestion, a computed tomography angiography of the chest was then obtained to delineate the location of the lesion and its proximity to the aorta, which was shown not to be injured. Repeat EGD on hospital day 14 revealed mucosal re-epithelisation of the oesophagus without clear stricture or evidence of perforation. The patient was then started on a clear-liquid diet and was then advanced to a mechanical soft diet the following day. She was discharged home on day 18.
Vuoi citare questo contributo?
S. Agnolin, S. Armari, L. Zerman, A. Paladini, A. Ahmad, L. Lubrano, E. Bortoletti, E. Urso, F. Zaglia. UN “BOTTONE” PERICOLOSO: ULCERE ESOFAGEE DA INGESTIONE DI BATTERIA.
Medico e Bambino pagine elettroniche 2018; 21(10)