Key words: Foreign body inhalation, Health education, Atelectasis, Incorrect manoeuvres, Epileptic seizure
Foreign body inhalation is a quite common event in chil-dhood, especially during the first years of life. It can cau-se complete airway obstruction and asphyxia resulting from a large object lodged in the trachea or larynx, which require real emergency for prompt removal; otherwise or bronchial occlusion that may cause pulmonary or bron-chial non-specific symptoms. In the present case, a 12-year-old boy inhaled a tooth during an epileptic seizure, not accidentally but as a result of an incorrect manoeuvre of his father in an attempt to prevent the tongue blocking the airways. The foreign body caused right lower lobe a-telectasis that resolved after bronchoscopic extraction. The paper points out the importance of health education to parents regarding the management of epileptic seizure in order to avoid such incorrect manoeuvre.
Vuoi citare questo contributo?
L'accesso è riservato agli abbonati
alla rivista che si siano registrati.
Per accedere all'articolo in formato full text è necessario inserire nella casella di login username e password.