Dicembre 2011 - Volume XXX - numero 10

Medico e Bambino


Pagine elettroniche

La pediatria di famiglia nell’area milanese: un’indagine di customer satisfaction

Roberto Marinello1, Marina Picca1, Diego Freri2, Paolo Manzelli3, Luisa Maria Nino1

1Pediatri di famiglia, Milano
2Managing Director, HealthCom Consulting Srl
3Research Manager, Nextplora Spa

Indirizzo per corrispondenza: roberto_marinello@fastwebnet.it

FAMILY PAEDIATRICIANS IN THE METROPLITAN AREA OF MILAN: A CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY

Key words: Primary Care Paediatricians, Caregiver, Customer satisfaction

Objectives - To assess parents’ degree of satisfaction about caregiving by Primary Care Paediatricians (PCP).
Materials and methods - A customer satisfaction survey was carried out in the metropolitan area of Milan among 415 parents of children aged 0-14 years, attended by PCP of the National Health System. The ad hoc questionnaire was administered by Nextplora Research Institute through Computer Assisted Web Interviewing (CAWI) methodology.
Results - On average, 80% of the families refer uniquely to PCP as the caregiver for their children; only 20% refer sometime to a private paediatrician. Families showed a high degree of satisfaction (90%) about their PCP. 54% referred to PCP 3 or more times (76% for children under 3 yrs, but also 34% between 7-14 yrs) in the last year. 16% of the families requested a home visit in the last year, and the PCP satisfied the request in 70% of the cases. In the other 30%, he/she suggested an office visit or gave a phone advise. In 70% of cases the PCP is the main advisor for growth of the child, health education and vaccinations. About 80% of the children suffering from chronic diseases is assisted by PCP with specific care plans and more of 50% of the PCP execute in the office simple diagnostic tests for acute and chronic illnesses.
Conclusions - Involvement, competence and communication skills are perceived as particularly positive. Only a small minority complained about difficulties in reaching the doctor by phone or in obtaining an urgent visit. The interview was carried out also on a small sample of foreign families who confirmed their satisfaction about the PCP, but showed higher difficulties to obtain an office visit in case of urgency.

Vuoi citare questo contributo?

R. Marinello, M. Picca, D. Freri, P. Manzelli, L.M. Nino La pediatria di famiglia nell’area milanese: un’indagine di customer satisfaction. Medico e Bambino 2011;30(10):663-664 https://www.medicoebambino.com/?id=1110_663.pdf

Pagine elettroniche

Un caso di “collodion baby”

Giulia Paloni1, Jenny Bua2, Vincenzo Forleo2, Laura Travan2, Irene Berti1

1Clinica Pediatrica, 2Divisione di Neonatologia e TIN, IRCCS Pediatrico “Burlo Garofolo”, Trieste

Indirizzo per corrispondenza: berti@burlo.trieste.it

Key words: Collodion baby, Epidermal cornification disorder, Autosomal recessive ichthyosiform disease

A case of ”collodion baby“, a newborn in whom the whole body surface is covered by thick skin sheets, described as “collodion membrane” is reported. The collodion membrane is the result of an epidermal cornification disorder. In almost all cases an autosomal recessive ichthyosiform disease is implicated. Clinically, collodion babies may encounter dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, temperature malfunction and increased risk of severe infections due to skin damage. These newborns should be monitored carefully in intensive care units and appropriate and supportive treatment must be undertaken.

Vuoi citare questo contributo?

G. Paloni, J. Bua, V. Forleo, L. Travan, I. Berti Un caso di “collodion baby”. Medico e Bambino 2011;30(10):663-664 https://www.medicoebambino.com/?id=1110_663.pdf


L'accesso è riservato agli abbonati alla rivista che si siano registrati.
Per accedere all'articolo in formato full text è necessario inserire username e password.

Username
Password




L'immissione di nuovi contenuti è riservata ai soli utenti registrati